**Home of New Vision has a new service for people in recovery, and it’s free! Click on the thumbnail below for more information:
Home of New Vision’s COVID-19 Update April 16
Dear Friends, Stakeholders and Colleagues,
This is an unprecedented and unsettling time, and we are thankful for the support of our donors, stakeholders, friends, allies and staff for their continued cooperation and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. We want you to know that everyone’s health and wellbeing are our priorities, first and foremost. With those as our primary objectives, we are following State and Federal CDC guidelines to ensure that we do all we can to protect our clients and staff, while still providing support and services that our clients need. Here are the steps we have taken:
- We are keeping a skeleton staff at our main office in Ann Arbor, practicing hand hygiene, cleanliness and social distancing.
- We are still doing screenings by phone for treatment at our administrative office. Please call the office at 734-975-1602 for information.
- We continue to provide services at the Engagement Center. Visitors must test prior to entry for temperature and physical health. We are using face masks and gloves to keep staff and clients safe.
- We have transitioned to teletherapy. Clients may call the office at the number above for information on how to proceed with their appointments.
- We are maintaining case-management telephonically as much as we can, and are doing our best to help given that many things are closed.
- We are providing telehealth appointments with our doctors for psychiatry appointments.
- Please note that both Residential and Recovery Housing are currently operating, and in need of support. See information on how you can help below.*
- WRAP Recovery Coaches are currently working to set up virtual support group meetings for both our recovery and SMART meetings. They have provided, by delivery and email, online 12-step recovery and other recovery groups and meetings.
- We are providing extra support to our moms in the Women’s Specialty Program, helping to deliver diapers, wipes, formula, and food.
- The Jackson office is now closed to the public, however we are working within the agency and if you need help or to talk please call 517-788-5596. We are currently making phone calls for wellness checks and working to set up an online Recovery Bistro and recovery support meetings.
*Needless to say we are facing many challenges as we try to meet our clients’ needs while also putting everyone’s safety first. One of our biggest challenges pertains to our Recovery Housing. Most of our recovering residents have lost their hourly jobs due to COVID-19 and are unable to pay rent. This is a crisis situation, with 30 individuals in need, but you can help by donating to the Housing Relief Fund here and on our home page at www.homeofnewvision.org. Please help our tenants at this most crucial stage of their early recovery if you can. No amount is too small, and your donation will make a huge difference in keeping someone housed while they focus on recovery and staying well.
Together we will get past this! We have been through a lot, but we know that with your support we can handle whatever life throws at us. Thank you, so much, for all you do for Home of New Vision and the recovering community!
Glynis Anderson, LMSW, ACSW
Home of New Vision
You can support Home of New Vision just by shopping at Kroger!
It’s easy! Just go to Kroger.com and open an online account with your Kroger card linked to it (you’ll see how). If you do not have a Kroger card, you will get one when you open the account. Next, go to Community Rewards on the left and select Home of New Vision as your charity. Whenever you shop at Kroger use your Kroger card at checkout. You will get discounts and deals, and Kroger will make a donation to HNV. Best of all, this costs you nothing but the time to set up your account! We truly appreciate all our donors and would love to see a lot of people sign up for this. Thank you in advance!
The Recovery Advocate
The Washtenaw Recovery Advocacy Project (WRAP) has a recovery news publication that we think you’ll enjoy. You can pick one up at the Home of New Vision Office (3115 Professional Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48104). To see a full list of all of the places you can pick up The Recovery Advocate or to view the online version, click here.